I have been beauty obsessed since I was in high school. Like many teenagers, I had acne. I went to countless dermatologist visits and eventually we found a treatment that worked. However, that treatment did not teach me the importance of taking care of my skin on my own without the aide of medicines and creams. Even after my acne cleared up and I said farewell to all medicines and creams, I still did not know how to take care of my skin. About a year ago, I went into Sephora and one of the consultants asked me what my skin care regimen was. I just stared at her “My what?”. She looked at me and said “It is important that you have a skin care regimen because your skin is your canvas, it needs to be taken care of!”. I was embarrassed but more than happy to be enlightened. It makes perfect sense that you cannot expect to “pile on the makeup”, so to speak, and not have it affect your skin. I quickly came to the realization, with the help of the beauty consultant, that I need to take care of my skin in order to get the optimal results from the makeup I use.
These are the products she introduced me to and it would be hard to live without them…
Love & Loathe of the Clarisonic:
- How well it cleans my pores
- Keeps my skin radiant
- Increases product absorption
- Helps with oily areas, dry skin patches, and of course blemishes
- The price (Can range from $109-$120, but the money is well spent and could be something to save for)
Love and Loathe of Peter Thomas Roth face wash:
- Soften and exfoliates skin
- Evens out complexion
- Clears skin blemishes
- Has anti-aging properties
- Very drying to skin when you first start using it (A lot of face washes have that affect though)
To keep my face moisturized I use all natural shea butter.
Shea butter has numerous benefits, a few are:
- Helps heal scars and burns
- Rejuvenates skin pores and adds elasticity
- Ideal for dry skin, dermatitis,eczema and sunburn
Love and Loathe of Shea Butter:
- Moisturizing benefits
- Does not cause my skin to break out
- If you apply it to your face, it make take a few minutes for it to soak in so your skin doesn’t look overly oily
Remember: Your skin is your canvas and you want to have a clean, well taken care of canvas. Remove your makeup and moisturize your skin. My skin care regimen may not work for you but that doesn’t mean that there is not one out there for you!!
What do you use for your skin that has shown amazing results?
X’s and O’s