As of late I have been more than interested in nail polish and nail art. I became interested in them because of the amazing nail art I see on Instagram and here on WordPress.
I have been wanting to try a textured nail polish and nail art appliques (cheating, I know!! But the designs are so neat)!!
Here is what I found at my local store…
Sally Hansen Sugar Coat textured nail polish & Revelon Nail Art 3D art appliques.
I was so excited that I was able to find this textured nail polish. I have seen textured nails on Instagram and have looked at the nail polishes and some of them are pretty pricey. The Sugar Coat nail polish was $9 at Walgreen’s and I thought it wouldn’t be too big of a loss if I loathed it.
I really love this nail polish. The color I have on is “Cherry Drop”.
Love and Loathe of Sugar Coat nail polish:
- It is textured
- It only takes two coats, and you could get away with one if you are in a hurry
- The color is bright
- When it chips, IT CHIPS!! It chips in big chunks so you have to repaint it.
I couldn’t walk out of the store without these nail appliques. I needed them in my life and on my nails as soon as I saw them.
Love and Loathe of Revlon Nail Appliques:
- The design
- No dry time
- The do last quite some time once applied
- The nail appliques are “one size fits all” so applying them can be difficult when it comes to finding the right size
- When I applied them I had to stretch some of the appliques to actually fit my finger
- Filing them down can be annoying because you may end up accidentally filing of some of the design
I enjoyed both of these items. However, I prefer the Sugar Coat polish of the Revlon Nail Appliques. Why? They both cost me $9 and I feel like I get and have gotten more use out of the Sally Hansen Sugar Coat Polish versus the one time use of the appliques.
I always say try it, you may like it, what doesn’t work for me may work wonders for you.
What nail polish or art have you found that you love?
X’s and O’s