(Image: Google Images)
Happy New Year to each of you!! I hope you have another great and blessed year xo
I don’t know about you, but I am ready for 2014. I love the feeling of starting fresh and anew. When I was younger, my family moved around a lot. My dad would change jobs to provide a better life for our family. One of my favorite things about moving was the fresh start that I got each time I moved. Granted, it sucked having to make new friends and get used to a new place but I always took it as an opportunity to reinvent myself.
Just because 2014 is staring me in the face I don’t want to forget 2013. I have experienced so much and each experience has helped shape me into the person that is writing these words to you. Even though we are starting a new year, do not forget the good memories. It is healthy to let go of things that have held you back. I know it is easier said then done but don’t dwell on the past because doing so will only bring your past into your future. Take this opportunity to start anew.
I am not one for new year’s resolutions. I make clear short term goals for myself that will help me reach goals that I only dream of for the future. Two of my main short term goals for this year are becoming more organized to curb the procrastination problem I have and to take better care of my body. So far, I have been doing well by taking baby steps. I learned quickly that when you make goals they do not happen over night. They take time and dedication.
With these words, my friend, have a safe and happy new year’s eve and I will write to you all next year!!
Have you made any goals for yourself?
Farewell and good riddance to 2013..
Before I present my final post of 2013…
I wanted to share the last look of the Holiday Glimmer series. Donna-Marie is my sister from another mister and my very first blogging friend. Her blog The Beauty Holder and her are amazing!
She created a New Year’s Eve look.
- MAC STUD Eyebrow Pencil
- NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk (as shadow base)
- SLEEK Eyeshadow in from the Ultra Matt palette collection (on the lid, blended into crease)
- No name silver glitter liner over the shadow on the lid
- Ardell Demi Wispies Lashes with DUO eyelash adhesive
- INGLOT under makeup base
- NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in New Orleans
- MAC Mineralised Skin Finish in Dark and Deep Dark
- No blush or concealer on this look
- Berry Couture Lipstick by REVLON
- NYX Smokey Look lipgloss
I love how she applied “eyeliner lashes” underneath her natural lashes to make them look fuller…
Today’s look is brought to you by Lucy from Makeup Crazy! Lucy has two blogs one that has wearable makeup looks and one that has some amazing eye art that you can find HERE. Isn’t her talent endless?
With a subtle hint of color and some beautiful lashes this look can be worn day or night!! Lucy received inspiration for this look form the hit movie “Frozen”.
One of my readers will have the opportunity to win a lip & cheek colorstick of their choice from Erzulie Cosmetics
Awhile ago I wrote a post about the lip & cheek colorsticks from Erzulie Cosmetics. You can read about them HERE.
All products from Erzulie Cosmetics are natural and organic. In 2014, I am going to make a commitment to myself to switch over to using all natural and organic products. I would like to invite you to join me! To start your journey I have teamed up with Erzulie to give one of their lip & cheek colorsticks to one of my readers. I absolutely love their colorsticks because they are moisturizing, highly pigmented, and the color lasts!!
How to Enter:
This giveaway is International.
Please understand that all entries will be verified for authenticity.
If you are a blogger please do not enter to win this product for review. I would really like one of my readers to have this.
o Please leave a comment on this blog post stating which lip & cheek colorstick you would like to try.
o Like Erzulie Cosmetics on Facebook
o Like Etta’s Threads on Facebook
o Tweet about the giveaway for an extra entry
A winner will be chosen at random on January 8, 2013. The winner will have 24 hours to respond to e-mail to claim prize.
Please enter using the Rafflecopter Link:
Lip & Cheek Colorstick Giveaway
Visit Erzulie Cosmetics Here:
Check out my YouTube videos. I will be uploading 1 to 2 videos per week on either Monday or Friday.
Technically, you are selling yourself…
Blogging is my outlet and I do it because I truly enjoy it. As a result of putting in work, I have received opportunities to work with brands. A brand is a company, no matter how large or small. After researching on the internet I found that there was not a whole lot of information on working with brands and how to conduct and protect yourself as a blogger. I have thought of and created a list of things I wish I knew when I started working with brands. Please note that if you are new to blogging that blogging takes work and time, things aren’t just going to fall in your lap.
- You, yourself, are a brand You have created a brand for yourself whether you are a blogger, YouTube guru, or social media mogul. Your name and face are attached to something that a larger population can recognize you by. You are presenting your ideas, thoughts, tips, tricks, etc for everyone else to use. Your brand can be powerful if you have a clear focus and present yourself well. Think of all the famous bloggers and YouTube people that have created a name for themselves.
- Always remember, no one owes you a damn thing If you ever approach a brand or are approached by a brand remember that they do not owe you anything and you do not owe them anything. Nothing is owed, to either person, until a clear and mutual agreement is met.
- Do not be a pest I was speaking with a company owner that said they get up to 25 e-mails a day of people asking them for free product for review. First off, rewind and ask yourself “Have I given them any reason on this earth to want to work with me?”. Many brands already have clear cut guidelines of what they want and expect from their promoters. Make sure you are meeting their guidelines and that you are giving them a reason to want to work with you. If they turn you down then ask them what you can do to improve. DO NOT continuously e-mail and pester a company, they do not like and in turn will not like you.
- Beware of your mouth If on your blog, YouTube videos, Facebook page, etc you are bashing companies and calling them out by name chances are NO ONE will want to work with you. Trust me, there is a nice way to say you didn’t like a product or aren’t to fond of a company. Your mouth can get you in loads of trouble and remember things travel so fast on social media.
- Give people a reason to want to work with you Present yourself in a way that people and brands want to work with you.
- Is it worth it? Before working with someone or a brand ask yourself “Is it worth my time and effort?” meaning are you going to receive back the rewards for the work you provide. Also, know what the benefits of working with a particular brand are. How are they paying you for the time you put into promoting their brand?
- Know the guidelines and expectations Know what is expected of you and have a clear written agreement. Make sure that this is all in writing in case you need to refer back to it.
If you are a beginner blogger and reading this remember that what you put in is what you get. Believe it or not, blogging does take work and is time consuming. If you are starting blogging for fame or for free product you aren’t going to get very far if that is your only focus. You need to focus on your content and presenting that content well enough that people want to continue to see it.
These are just a few points that I think are good if you are ever considering working with a brand. Above all, HAVE FUN!!
Have you had an opportunity to work with a brand yet?
Merry Christmas and well wishes to each of you!