Lady and the Vamp & Pinky Promise
These balm stains are the real deal. I picked these up a little over a week ago from Walgreen’s. Wet n Wild launched this line of lip stains for Spring 2014. I couldn’t pass these up because I love lip stains and they are extremely affordable. They are originally $2.99 but they have an instant $1.00 off coupon wrapped around the cap making them $1.99. Which to me, isn’t a big loss if I ended up hating them.
Let me show you how they look on…
Lady and the Vamp Balm Stain
This color is a true stain. When I say true, I mean it will seriously stain your lips and last all day. I love that it provides moisture and not only color. Since it did stain my lips so well, it took quite a bit of rubbing at the end of the day to get the color off.
Pinky Promise is a beautiful shimmer color. The shimmer does last all day while moisturizing your lips.
Do I recommend these?
Absolutely, if you are looking for a long lasting, affordable, moisturizing lip stain these Wet n Wild balm stains are a must have!!!
What are your favorite lip stains?
(Image: Google Images)
Happy New Year to each of you!! I hope you have another great and blessed year xo
I don’t know about you, but I am ready for 2014. I love the feeling of starting fresh and anew. When I was younger, my family moved around a lot. My dad would change jobs to provide a better life for our family. One of my favorite things about moving was the fresh start that I got each time I moved. Granted, it sucked having to make new friends and get used to a new place but I always took it as an opportunity to reinvent myself.
Just because 2014 is staring me in the face I don’t want to forget 2013. I have experienced so much and each experience has helped shape me into the person that is writing these words to you. Even though we are starting a new year, do not forget the good memories. It is healthy to let go of things that have held you back. I know it is easier said then done but don’t dwell on the past because doing so will only bring your past into your future. Take this opportunity to start anew.
I am not one for new year’s resolutions. I make clear short term goals for myself that will help me reach goals that I only dream of for the future. Two of my main short term goals for this year are becoming more organized to curb the procrastination problem I have and to take better care of my body. So far, I have been doing well by taking baby steps. I learned quickly that when you make goals they do not happen over night. They take time and dedication.
With these words, my friend, have a safe and happy new year’s eve and I will write to you all next year!!
Have you made any goals for yourself?
Technically, you are selling yourself…
Blogging is my outlet and I do it because I truly enjoy it. As a result of putting in work, I have received opportunities to work with brands. A brand is a company, no matter how large or small. After researching on the internet I found that there was not a whole lot of information on working with brands and how to conduct and protect yourself as a blogger. I have thought of and created a list of things I wish I knew when I started working with brands. Please note that if you are new to blogging that blogging takes work and time, things aren’t just going to fall in your lap.
- You, yourself, are a brand You have created a brand for yourself whether you are a blogger, YouTube guru, or social media mogul. Your name and face are attached to something that a larger population can recognize you by. You are presenting your ideas, thoughts, tips, tricks, etc for everyone else to use. Your brand can be powerful if you have a clear focus and present yourself well. Think of all the famous bloggers and YouTube people that have created a name for themselves.
- Always remember, no one owes you a damn thing If you ever approach a brand or are approached by a brand remember that they do not owe you anything and you do not owe them anything. Nothing is owed, to either person, until a clear and mutual agreement is met.
- Do not be a pest I was speaking with a company owner that said they get up to 25 e-mails a day of people asking them for free product for review. First off, rewind and ask yourself “Have I given them any reason on this earth to want to work with me?”. Many brands already have clear cut guidelines of what they want and expect from their promoters. Make sure you are meeting their guidelines and that you are giving them a reason to want to work with you. If they turn you down then ask them what you can do to improve. DO NOT continuously e-mail and pester a company, they do not like and in turn will not like you.
- Beware of your mouth If on your blog, YouTube videos, Facebook page, etc you are bashing companies and calling them out by name chances are NO ONE will want to work with you. Trust me, there is a nice way to say you didn’t like a product or aren’t to fond of a company. Your mouth can get you in loads of trouble and remember things travel so fast on social media.
- Give people a reason to want to work with you Present yourself in a way that people and brands want to work with you.
- Is it worth it? Before working with someone or a brand ask yourself “Is it worth my time and effort?” meaning are you going to receive back the rewards for the work you provide. Also, know what the benefits of working with a particular brand are. How are they paying you for the time you put into promoting their brand?
- Know the guidelines and expectations Know what is expected of you and have a clear written agreement. Make sure that this is all in writing in case you need to refer back to it.
If you are a beginner blogger and reading this remember that what you put in is what you get. Believe it or not, blogging does take work and is time consuming. If you are starting blogging for fame or for free product you aren’t going to get very far if that is your only focus. You need to focus on your content and presenting that content well enough that people want to continue to see it.
These are just a few points that I think are good if you are ever considering working with a brand. Above all, HAVE FUN!!
Have you had an opportunity to work with a brand yet?