I love how she applied “eyeliner lashes” underneath her natural lashes to make them look fuller…
Today’s look is brought to you by Lucy from Makeup Crazy! Lucy has two blogs one that has wearable makeup looks and one that has some amazing eye art that you can find HERE. Isn’t her talent endless?
With a subtle hint of color and some beautiful lashes this look can be worn day or night!! Lucy received inspiration for this look form the hit movie “Frozen”.
Check out my YouTube videos. I will be uploading 1 to 2 videos per week on either Monday or Friday.
Technically, you are selling yourself…
Blogging is my outlet and I do it because I truly enjoy it. As a result of putting in work, I have received opportunities to work with brands. A brand is a company, no matter how large or small. After researching on the internet I found that there was not a whole lot of information on working with brands and how to conduct and protect yourself as a blogger. I have thought of and created a list of things I wish I knew when I started working with brands. Please note that if you are new to blogging that blogging takes work and time, things aren’t just going to fall in your lap.
- You, yourself, are a brand You have created a brand for yourself whether you are a blogger, YouTube guru, or social media mogul. Your name and face are attached to something that a larger population can recognize you by. You are presenting your ideas, thoughts, tips, tricks, etc for everyone else to use. Your brand can be powerful if you have a clear focus and present yourself well. Think of all the famous bloggers and YouTube people that have created a name for themselves.
- Always remember, no one owes you a damn thing If you ever approach a brand or are approached by a brand remember that they do not owe you anything and you do not owe them anything. Nothing is owed, to either person, until a clear and mutual agreement is met.
- Do not be a pest I was speaking with a company owner that said they get up to 25 e-mails a day of people asking them for free product for review. First off, rewind and ask yourself “Have I given them any reason on this earth to want to work with me?”. Many brands already have clear cut guidelines of what they want and expect from their promoters. Make sure you are meeting their guidelines and that you are giving them a reason to want to work with you. If they turn you down then ask them what you can do to improve. DO NOT continuously e-mail and pester a company, they do not like and in turn will not like you.
- Beware of your mouth If on your blog, YouTube videos, Facebook page, etc you are bashing companies and calling them out by name chances are NO ONE will want to work with you. Trust me, there is a nice way to say you didn’t like a product or aren’t to fond of a company. Your mouth can get you in loads of trouble and remember things travel so fast on social media.
- Give people a reason to want to work with you Present yourself in a way that people and brands want to work with you.
- Is it worth it? Before working with someone or a brand ask yourself “Is it worth my time and effort?” meaning are you going to receive back the rewards for the work you provide. Also, know what the benefits of working with a particular brand are. How are they paying you for the time you put into promoting their brand?
- Know the guidelines and expectations Know what is expected of you and have a clear written agreement. Make sure that this is all in writing in case you need to refer back to it.
If you are a beginner blogger and reading this remember that what you put in is what you get. Believe it or not, blogging does take work and is time consuming. If you are starting blogging for fame or for free product you aren’t going to get very far if that is your only focus. You need to focus on your content and presenting that content well enough that people want to continue to see it.
These are just a few points that I think are good if you are ever considering working with a brand. Above all, HAVE FUN!!
Have you had an opportunity to work with a brand yet?
Sometimes, it is better to have more than one option…
Last Sunday, I wrote a post about finding my perfect nude lip and it happens to be my most popular post. I hope that it has helped someone, or even a few of you, on the hunt for your perfect nude lip shade!
Now, I must say, it seems as though the nude lip phenomenon is more accommodating to people who have fairer skin (not to say a fair skinned person has never struggled finding their perfect shade). On my quest I found the shades for my skin were either too light or too dark. I am here to tell you, there are options out there for you (dark or light) but you just have to experiment and see what works for you.
I wanted to share with you another great nude lip combo I have found…well, I actually created this one.
The Khroma Beauty duo is part of the “Au Naturel” set I talked about in my first nude lip post .
The matte lipstick is from Kate for Rimmel can be purchased at Walmart for $3.97
The flower beauty lip gloss is from Walmart as well and cost $6.98
If you don’t want to invest in the au naturel set but like the Kate lipstick and the flower lip gloss, buy a lip liner that matches your natural lip line.
Okay, so what does this combo look like?
Amazing would be the correct term.
For this look I lined my lips using the Khorma “In the Buff” lip liner and I than put the Kate lipstick on.
Here, I added the flower beauty lip gloss on top of the lipstick and liner.
What do you think?
X’s and O’s